The perfect combination of mid-century modern and contemporary design!
Designed in 1961 by Colorado interior designer H. Albert Phibbs for his family and built by Carey Construction (known for the Carey “Holiday Homes” in Denver’s Harvey Park), this house was an example of cutting-edge modern design in the 1960s with post-and beam construction, and a design that responds to its sloping site, incredible views, and the changing seasons. Completed renovated over the years by the current owner with contemporary design that respects the original architecture of the house.
Let the spectacular, ever-changing Colorado skies be your backdrop for living . . .
This spacious and beautiful magazine cover home (gracing the cover of Atomic Ranch Magazine last year) is situated atop a ridge in Arvada, affording views for miles to the south out of the huge wall of glass in the living and dining rooms! Imagine watching the clouds move across the sky through the day, experiencing those ultra-colorful Colorado sunsets in the evening, or seeing the city lights twinkle as the night falls . . . all like a huge movie screen in your living room.
Soaring vaulted ceilings with exposed beams and tongue and groove ceilings are in every room of the main level.You’ll find high quality finishes, casework, and fixtures throughout the house employing a variety of natural woods and stone that compliment each other and the beautiful landscaping outside.
Speaking of which, this house truly embraces indoor and outdoor living. The professionally designed landscaping is well thought out and immaculately cared for, and as a centerpiece features a cascading waterfall running from the backyard to the level below, filling the outdoors with the soothing sound of running water. A large patio coming off of the main level embraces the distant views and is perfect for entertaining. The private backyard is like a different world . . . green, lush, and quiet . . . and directly accessible from the master suite.
A house like this is a rare opportunity. Buy it for the views, buy it for its exceptional design, buy it for its high quality features indoors and out . . . this is your dream home!
- 2,880 square feet.
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Originally designed by the late interior designer H. Albert Phibbs for his family, and completely renovated and updated with care for the original architecture by the current owner.
- Open floor plan that is perfect for entertaining on two levels.
- High quality finishes, fixtures, cabinets, and wood trim throughout.
- Huge wall of glass with views that go on for miles over Arvada and beyond to the mountains.
- High vaulted ceilings over the entire main level.
- Super-deep eaves protect the south-facing windows from the sun during the summer, while allowing sun for solar heat gain in the winter.
- Kitchen includes wood European-style cabinets with matching appliance fronts, stainless steel countertops, granite bar top, natural slate tile floors, and opens directly onto a spacious patio with amazing views.
- En suite master bath features travertine countertops, wood cabinets, slate flooring, and a glass shower enclosure.
- Cascading waterfall from a backyard pond to a pool at the lower level makes for a visually and audibly peaceful setting outdoors.
- Frosted glass garage doors.
- Immaculate landscaping across the entire lot with a welcoming and colorful front yard, and very private and peaceful setting in the backyard.
- Rec room, wet bar, spacious personal fitness room (optional 3rd bedroom), and laundry room make up the lower level, which opens directly outdoors. Open an east window, and the sound of the adjacent waterfall fills the space!
- Hydronic baseboard radiators throughout make for consistent and non-drying heat in the winter.
- Double pane windows.
- New roof.
- New sewer line.